It is hard to believe that August is almost over and school starts a week from tomorrow. I hope that you all have had an awesome summer and that you are ready for another great year here at Dirigo Elementary School. We do have some new staff members joining us this year:
Emma Shapiro – Music Teacher
Gretchen Errington – Special Education Teacher (returning to our school)
Pam Morin – Interventionist (returning to our school)
Sonya Arsenault – Special Education Ed Tech. 3
Cathy McDonald – Special Education Ed Tech 3 (returning to our school)
Dave Radcliffe – Special Education Ed Tech 3
Along with our new staff we have a number of new students at DES. Some students are joining us for the first time, and some are returning to our school. We want to welcome all of them and we hope that you will make some great connections and have a fantastic school year.
– Mr. Swan, Dirigo Elementary School Principal
1. School starts Tuesday, September 1, 2015 – 7:45 am
2. There is NO Wednesday Late Start on September 2, 2015 – Late Start Wednesdays will start on September 9.
3. Pre-K will start on Thursday, September 3 for the Monday /Thursday group and Friday, September 4 for the Tuesday/Friday group.
4. Kindergarten Meet & Greet is August 27 from 5-7
5. Pre-K Meet & Greet is August 27: Monday/Thursday Group – 5-5:30. Tuesday/Friday Group is 6-6:30.
6. Our Open House/Community Fair is Thursday, September 10. Classrooms will be open from 5-6 and the community fair will be in the gym from 5-6:30.
The following Organization will be attending: Peru Fire Department, Dixfield Fire Department, Canton Fire Department, Oxford County Sheriff’s Department, River Valley Rec., Dixfield Public Library, Dixfield Food Pantry, Safe Voices, Hot Colors, Boys Scouts, Girl Scouts, Region 9 Adult Education, Region 9 Truck Driving, Focus Karate, Youth Wrestling, DES Camp Cougar Cub After-School Program, RSU 10 Nutrition Department, Parent/Teacher Organization and several more!
You will be receiving a mountain of paperwork from our school and district over the first week of school. We asked that you take the time to look through the paperwork and return the forms that we need back here in the office. If you have any questions on any of the documents, please do not hesitate to contact us.