Welcome to Buckfield Junior Senior High School!
Did you know?
BJSHS Theater Department
BJSHS Theater Department proudly presents a comedy with a lot of heart:
HARVEY, by Mary Chase.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1st 7pmSUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd 2pmTickets are available at the BJSHS main office and Tilton’s Market.
$7 for adults and $5 for students and seniors
BUCKFIELD HAS TALENT
This Wednesday evening, October 22nd, at 6:30. The best of the best at BJSHS showcase their talents on the BJSHS stage. The winning act will receive a $100 cash prize! Guest judges include Matt Anderson, Mike Nolette, Heidi Bernier and Rossie Kyllonen (+ 2 more mystery judges!). Hosted by Jared Eastman and Reilley Hicks, This will truly be a night filled with tears, laughter and shear amazement! Proceeds benefit the BJSHS drama department. Admission is $5. Doors open at 6:10.
Parent-Teacher Conferences – Thursday, October 9
Please contact the school to arrange a schedule to meet with teachers of your students. This will be an Early Release Day. Students will be dismissed at 11:45, and appointments can be scheduled between 12:30 – 7:30 pm.
Lifetouch School Portraits – Friday, September 26
Lifetouch School Portraits will be at BJSHS on Friday morning, September 26 for student pictures. For more information you can visit their website – mylifetouch.com, with the Picture Day ID of LG104129Q0
Spirit Week at BJSHS
September 22-26 is Spirit Week with Activities and themes
- This weeks themes for student dress are:
- Monday – “Camo” Day
- Tuesday – Twin Day
- Wednesday – Hawaiian Day
- Thursday – Class colors Day
- ~ Seniors – Red
- ~Juniors – Blue
- ~Sophomores – Yellow
- ~Freshman – Green
- Friday – School Colors Day (Garnet & Gray) : Also, on Friday morning, Lifetouch will be here for Picture Day!
- This weeks Homecoming Activities Include:
- Monday – Basketball Shooting Competition during school, with Soccer after school
- Tuesday – Ultimate Frisbee during school, with Dodgeball after school
- Wednesday – Basketball After school
- Thursday – Hula Ball during school, with Volleyball and Kickball after school
- Friday – Playoff competitions among the student body: Also, on Friday our boys high school varsity soccer team will play Pine Tree Academy at 1:00 pm. The schedule for classes will be adjusted to allow all students the opportunity to see the game.
- Also on Friday evening, a bon fire is scheduled from 6:00-8:00 pm, with a homecoming King & Queen being named by Student Council for participation in Spirit Week activities.
2014-15 School Goals
Goal 1: The school will have a well-defined and publicized plan to ensure Weds. Morning professional development time is effectively used.
Goal 2: The school will have a well-defined and publicized plan to ensure Marzano Design Questions 2 and 3 become part of teacher practice through a variety of professional development and modeling activities.
Goal 3: The school will have a well-defined and publicized plan to establish and use school wide rubrics to communicate learning expectations.
Goal 4: The school will conduct a self-assessment in preparation for a fall 2015 accreditation.
Goal 5: The school will have a well-defined plan, in which the use of data informs continuous improvement in student achievement.